- 2 tonnes of Seed Potatoes, Maris Piper and Cara and enough Onions have been ordered to plant 2 acres.
- Soft Fruit pruning proceeds apace, with 800 new raspberry canes to plant.
- Everything to paint, acres of painting / wood treatments to do, including 3000 posts to treat.
- Trees to coppice (cut down) in woods, which we leave down on the floor for a year to dry and provide habitat for wildlife.
- New log splitter at work.
- Itching to plough. When will the soil dry out to plough this spring? – don’t think it will before March.
- Greater numbers of cattle on Church Farm this winter as we have had young stock from Aldenham come over (12) in addition to 36 pregnant cattle and 40 plus young stock.
- Feeding good quality barley straw as well as hay, and haylage to sheep. The breeding ewes still have a few more weeks good grass in Lowany
- Geese and Ducks are a laying.
- Rat control major priority over the farm at this time of year.
- I can’t believe that someone is regularly chucking dog poo bags along the ancient green lane up the middle of the farm.
- Lambing coming up in mid March.