- We are way behind in planting this year and the ground is a real challenge, having baked hard on top, it is wet underneath still.
- Cows finally went out on 18th April a month later than last year. So far we have 9 male calves and 1 female born. Thirty to come !
- Cattle can be viewed from the footpaths around the farm and rotate across 4 fields moving about every 3 weeks.
- Pig pens to move to new ground as soon as we can. Then we plant mustard, then plough that in and grow vegetables, as it acts as green manure and stops nitrogen leaching out of the soil.
- 25 white leghorn (white birds, white eggs), 25 Cuckoo Marans (Speckeldy very dark brown eggs), and 25 Light Sussex (White bird, brown eggs) have joined the flock in the Walnut Orchard.