- Coppicing of Squitmore Spring Woods and thinning in the 5 new woods will be going on in early February.
- 90+% of species in woodland live on dead wood. Leaving brash and lumps to rot is essential to the bugs.
- Planning Hedge Planting Days in February – volunteers are welcome as we aim to restore Lowany End Field hedge.
- 100s of field fares in Upany. Covey of 12 grey partridge hanging out in Lowany End wood. Fallow Deer visiting at night.
- Snow melt led to huge rise in the water table and all ponds full to brim as of new year.
- 1880 field drain that runs into the lane from Upany is still running well all these years later.
- 1940s ditch dug by Italian prisoners along long bottoms is overflowing.
- One acre of new Summer Raspberries to plant as soon as it dries out.
- Cattle are doing well in winter quarters. The new roof is making a good saving on straw.
- Little Trumpeter and all the male cattle are separated till breeding season starts again. Ditto with the rams.
- Rams have to wait 11 months for conjugal visits – is that a word? –. The bull we will let in again with the ladies in August.
- The two Large White Boars however spend all their lives with the ladies who are remarkably receptive from about 6-7 days post weaning of their litter.